September 07, 2010

Haircuts and More

I realize that you all went hungry for info for a whole month and now I'm bombarding you, but what else can you expect from a mother of two? The girls are really growing and everyday there is something that makes me laugh.

I put Elena down on the green blanket for some stretch and roll over practice (she's almost there on her own) and then went to get some work done in the kitchen. Of course I'm checking on her regularly through the "window" into the living room when suddenly I hear her "attacking toy" voice...yes an almost 4 month old has a voice. I look over to see and can't see her, so quickly run around the other side of the couch and she just smiles up at me.
Of course, Katy had to get in on the pictures too;)
Reading is one of our favorite pasttimes. This week, Katy started reading books aloud to herself. It is so cute! Her two favorite titles are Let's Go Froggy and Peanut Butter Rhinosaurus. I got a great video of her reading out loud, but it won't load. Elena is also getting into books.
Both girls have had lingering coughs for the past month. Elena's has turned flemmy and Katy's turned into a fever, so this weekend was a little tough on sleep to say the least.
What else are rainy Saturday afternoons for?

Since Katy was coming down sick, her stamina was low, so I let her ride in the stroller with Elena. Great bonding time.

I've been looking for an excuse to get our hairs cut, and it's finally come...we are getting our family picture taken:)

But first, a morning to forget...woke up all excited because I was getting my hair cut today. Got the girls all ready for Woman's Bible Study and about to get them in the car. I go for the keys and they're not there. The car keys are, but my house keys are not. I start looking...and looking...and looking. I search high and low for 40 minutes, no keys!

I call Gera and he comes back from work to give me his. Okay, so I'm really bummed that I missed bible study, but I can still make it to the hair cut. Just about to load the kids in the car when...ring, ring. It's the stylist saying that she just recieved a phone call from her daughter's school. The lady tells me that her daughter fell and hurt her wrist, she's needs to go to the hospital and wants to know if I can reschedule. Talk about strike two.

Well, for some reason unknown to me, God did not want me going to those two places, but we did get the girls haircut today. Elena just the straggalies trimmed. She can still wear barettes though:)


Katy got her ends trimmed too and some layers put in to get the curls curling more. We also added some bangs for the little hairs growing in the front to catch up. The stylist did her hair really cute.

Front
Back

The third swing was a homerun!

No comments: