We are proud to announce that Katy Lou is officially one year old as of 5 p.m. today. Yesterday, we celebrated her birth with a "small" party with close friends and family. She really enjoyed all the attention and put on quite a show at times. God has truly blessed us with some amazing friends and a truly amazing daughter.
There was a butterfly theme to the party...butterfly shirt, butterfly cakes...she was even given some butterfly clothes and a butterfly book.Katy was a little intimidated by all the commotion and singing, but it didn't take her long to go for the gifts once they were placed in front of her.
I think that the wrapping paper was her favorite part...
...either that or the tags on her new clothes.
Katy's personal butterfly cake.
Carol, we copied your idea, I hope you don't mind. She was a little timid and unsure of herself at first..
...but as you can see, she really enjoyed her cake.After a quick bath, she got to play with some of her friends.
Here she is with Fiorella...
...showing one of her new books to our friends...
...and playing with Sarita.We missed you all very much and hope that you feel a part of this small celebration. You were all in our thoughts as we sang. Don't worry Mom, we'll still celebrate when you come down. I can even make another butterfly cake because it was super yummy!
2 comments:
What a wonderful birthday party! I love the butterfly theme! The cake looked delicious. Happy Birthday to Katy Lou! Love you all!
HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY KATY LOU!!!!! We are sad that we couldn't be apart of it, but it sure looks lik you enjoyed yourself. I am also glad you got to destroy your cake!!! We miss you all and are celebrating with you (even thousands of miles away!). Love you guys!
Post a Comment