April 15, 2010

April Showers

The title goes to show that not only by you does it start raining...it would appear that rainy season is starting early for us as the last week we've had rain every afternoon. Unfortunately, there are no May flowers to follow.

Thank you to all that wished me a happy birthday! It was a good day celebrated withsome beautiful flowers
and McDonald's french fries!!!
We also took some time to watch one of my favorite movies (thanks to Naomi).

No, my eyes are not closed, but it was the end of a long day. I will say that I stayed awake for the whole thing though.

As of April 8th, I am officially on maternity leave! This means I have more time to rest and relax...yeah right. We've spent so much time getting things ready.
The clothes are all washed, the blankets are drying, the crib is half put together and the car seat needs to be reassembled. Other than that, we are waiting for the day when Elena Rose is ready to make her way into this world. The doctors say that all is proceeding well, she has dropped and is predicted to be bigger than Katy (but not in competition with her cousin Ethan!)

I've also gotten to spend more time with Katy Lou. She is talking up a storm, although her grammar is much to be desired:) The other day she was asking me to play with the "tomato" and I didn't quite understand. Well, after a few attempts she pointed to the playdough. Oh!! I asked what color she wanted and she said "pink!"

Oh the joys of toddlerhood!

As many of you know, we have been in the process of installing a new closet. Not sure if this has been posted, but the change is so incredible that I can't resist. No more bugs, mold or musty smells! And there is so much more room!

My sous chef, Katy, and I have also been able to spend some more time in the kitchen...this time making mint chocolate chunk brownies. I let Katy lick a beater and the scraper. Between each lick, I was told " I like this chocolate mommy!"

Teaching my 2 year old daughter to eat raw batter ...does that make me a bad mom?

I don't know, but it sure looks like she enjoyed herself!
The finishing touches and off to the oven.

Sorry folks, they were all eaten at church, so no left-overs for you.

1 comment:

Eric and Carol: said...

Sure looks like you are keeping busy (which is good, it will make the "waiting" for Elena go quicker). You look great too!!!