October 21, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

Hello friends! Since going back to work two and a half weeks ago, I've hardly had a chance to catch my breath. However, now that grades are in, I can take some time to catch you up on our lives.

Let's start with the youngest. She has made the adjustment to staying with her abuela smoothly and is such a happy baby. On the 14th, she turned 5 months. Her accomplishments include...



She's advanced now to rolling over both ways and giving mommy a run for her money.

Just this past week she started sitting up, much to mommy's surprise. She's still not perfect and it seems to affect her stomach a little, but she absolutely loves it.

We also started her on solid food which has gone nicely.



You also get to hear Katy sing. Lately she has been putting everything to song. It's actually quite impressive how she fits the words to a tune.

Now that Elena is interacting with us more, Katy loves to spend time with her making her laugh or taking her toys away.

Katy has started school and just absolutely loves it.
She is very proud of her backpack.

One would like to think that she would miss me, but there hasn't been a single tear shed yet.

There are 10 kids in her group. So far she has learned a bunch of new songs which she is constantly singing, has recieved her first kiss, made her first musical instrument, and gone home sick with a fever.

Gera is settling nice into his new role of mobiliation coordinator for the office. He's spent lots of time in training for the position and as a result we got to spend time with Elke again.

She is a friend of Germany, stayed a few weeks with us. We Were blessed with the Opportunity to her house again

Before heading back to work, we were able to spend a day at the beach with some friends. It was a nice time of fellowship and relaxation before heading back into the workforce.
Both girls just absolutely loved the water and the sand.

Gera also was a leader in a trip to an indigenous reserve in Talamanca. The team that came down had some doctors, so they were able to give some medical care to the village as well as fix up some of the buildings. One night Gera called and told me that he picked up one rock and a huge hair spider was there. He picked up another and an adult coral snake was there. He picked up a third rock to find a huge scorpion. The team then told him to stop picking up rocks.

I started back to work with mixed feelings. I love being a teacher, but I also love being a fulltime mom. Mixing the two has been a challenge and I'm still trying to find the balance between the two now that there are two little ones at home.

I've been blessed with a wonderful group of 15 kids.

These first two weeks back have included a field trip to the planetarium, our first research project of the year, and report cards. It has been quite the experience getting everything done, but I always remember that God will not give you more than you can handle and when we rely on him. I just pray that he is visible through me to my workmates.

Until next time...

No comments: